Welcome to 2019, back to the grindstone and surprise surprise, it is not business as usual and it’s not marketing as usual either…
- 1 Welcome to 2019, back to the grindstone and surprise surprise, it is not business as usual and it’s not marketing as usual either…
I will show you 5 ways to step up your Marketing in 2019
Your marketing approach needs to adapt to the current market needs and expectations. In other words, the expectations of your ideal clients have shifted somewhat over the past year and if you don’t reassess and adjust your approach you stand the risk of your clients and prospects becoming distracted by your competition, the economy and politics.
You know very well what this will mean for you and your business…
Yip, That’s right…
- fewer sales,
- less profit,
- disappointing results
- client losses and an
- angry wife…
All jokes aside it is not business as usual, so much has changed in the past year and we have all seen and felt the pain of the results of the past year… 2018 was an adventure of note and I believe that 2019 will be as adventurous.
Here are 5 ways to step up your Marketing in 2019
So here are 5 things you need to do and give a little attention to make sure that you, your business and products or services are still relevant this year.
Do your Market Research
- New products are always entering the market and this means that the clients that you believe are loyal may be attracted to the next shiny new object. Knowing what is out there and keeping on top of the latest within your industry is vital to your ongoing success. Doing your market research will probably highlight new gaps in the market that you may be able to fill but be careful that you don’t become distracted by unnecessary research and development. Look out for cross-sell and up-sell opportunities that are easy to introduce and supply. And find creative ways of increasing the lifetime value of your clients as this will secure longer term income for your business.
- Just as you should be on the lookout for new opportunities within your niche, your competitors are probably doing the same thing. The secret here is to know and preempt their actions before they actually take action and try to beat them to it. Staying ahead of the pack will help set your business apart from the competition and position your business as the market leader and without a doubt, doing this will help you build your brand as well.
- Interviewing your clients is the only way of knowing what they want, not only now but in there near future as well. And if you have a solid relationship with them, they may even tell you when your competition approaches them and tries to poach them from you.
Follow Worldwide Trends
- Always be on the lookout for what is happening or what is trending around the globe and use these insights as predictors of what may come next. You never know, your next big hit may be uncovered on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Youtube or LinkedIn or some other Social Media platform.
- Innovate your marketing approach
- Once you have done your Market research, Competitor research, client interviews and followed the worldwide trends you should look at adjusting and innovating your marketing approach. We know that content marketing is going the excel in 2019 as this has been proven to build the trust that you need to engage clients effectively. So the question is, How are you going to optimize your content marketing plan in 2019?
- Innovate your sales approach
- And Once you have innovated your marketing approach, look at your sales approach. Communicate your new marketing approach with your sales team and get them on board with the new tactics. This will help them close more deals and earn greater commissions.
- Innovate your marketing approach
Entering 2019 with the right approach is essential to the success and sustainability of your business. It is not business as usual and it is not marketing as usual.
Do all you can to grow your business and make sure you do what it takes to succeed. If you need help planning your way forward for 2019 feel free to contact me for a free no-obligation marketing and sales assessment of your business and I will show you advanced tactics that will help you grow your business.
Listen to the Podcast Here
- Stop losing business from low website traffic and poor conversion rates - March 4, 2021
- How to Restart Your Business After Lockdown - June 3, 2020
- Learn How to Market your way through the recession - March 9, 2020